I’m Terri! My purpose is to support couples and individuals that are ready to navigate big life changes; Communication break-down, sexual issues (desire and past sexual trauma), empty nesters (finding the spark again), learning to trust yourself after infidelity or break-up, career changes and managing blended family and parental issues. I help my clients manage their emotions, feel safe, and create the connection they desire.
For the last 10 years I have helped committed couples reconnect, gain new communication skills, and better manage blended family issues. I help individuals get out of fight and flight mode, set healthy boundaries, and create the mind and body connection needed for a wellness reset.
My clients often notice the following after working with me.
• Higher level of respect for each other (Couples)
• More intimacy and bonding (Couples)
• More awareness of past trauma that’s affecting your now (Individuals and couples)
• Allowing more love in and asking for support (Individuals and couples)
• Setting better boundaries and expectations for self and partner
Getting on the same page is foundational to having a good relationship. Using Gottman principles we go through a process that allows transformation in our relationships.
I specialize in working with clients who:
• Newly married couples (0-5) and longer-term couples experiencing a rough patch.
• Engaged or Co-habiting
• Non-traditional couples
• Blended families
• Childhood trauma (Inner healing)
• Divorce or bad break-up
• Preparing clients to date again
• Navigating life transitions
As a young adult I had to learn to cope with adjusting to a blended family, and the death of a loved one which led me to my calling of supporting couples, families and individuals through navigating trauma, transitions and building something new after loss.
My clinical approaches are Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), I am a Level 1 Gottman trained. In addition, I am currently pursuing training in Emotionally Focused Therapy. I am currently under the supervision of Dr. Mercianna Oliver, Ph.D., CPCS and being mentored by Melisa Alaba MA, LPC and I go further along the Gottman training track.
Whether you are individual seeking to heal from old wounds or a marriage couple looking to get back on track, I’m here to support you. My desire is to partner with you in designing the life you want!
Contact me today to get started.