Dominique Sansbury, LGPC is a mental and holistic health practitioner - seeing her life’s work as essentializing and assisting in her clients’ continuous coming home to themselves, their highest selves. Holding a Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, among other degrees and studies listed below, Dominique has a combined 11 years of education and practice in holistic psycho-spiritual therapy. Her practice is grounded in a multidimensional approach that integrates Existential and Cognitive Behavioral (specifically, DBT) therapies, traditional natural medicine, body movement, energy healing, meditation, ancestral veneration and other African and indigenous healing modalities.
While Dominique’s work is rooted in evidence-based practices, she acknowledges and facilitates her clients’ intuition - believing that each individual is the expert in their own lives. She approaches each therapeutic relationship as a collaborative effort to explore and determine facilitative and nonfacilitative thoughts, behaviors and navigation of emotions, facilitate and engage aligning thoughts and behaviors to promote wellness, and instill skills, belief systems and practices that support peace and wellness in the midst of change.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, The Chicago
School of Professional Psychology
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education, American University
- Master Herbalist Diploma, Centre of Excellence
- Ayurveda Specialist Certification, Yoga and Ayurveda Center
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training, Yoga and Ayurveda Center
In order to offer high quality wellness services, Dominique continues to expand her knowledge on an ongoing basis in the following areas:
- Psycho-spiritual Therapy
- African Traditional Herbalism
- Energy Healing
- Nutrition and Body Chemistry
- Therapeutic Touch and Bodywork
- Spirituality in Healing