Starting therapy can feel daunting. Fear of stigma, judgement, and uncertainty about the process can be huge barriers to caring for our mental health. Many of us make enormous sacrifices to care for others and we're often left feeling tired and drained. We struggle with setting limits and carving time for ourselves. Visiting this site is a major step towards your self-care. I can't wait to hear more about your commitment to self-discovery and transformation.
As a clinician of diverse cultural experiences, I value culturally-relevant and integrative evidence-based practice. I have flexibility in psychodynamic, cognitive behavioral, and interpersonal therapeutic approaches. I am most adept with adolescents and adults, although I have experience working with clients across the lifespan in a variety of settings, practicing most recently in global mental health. Through the lens of anti-oppressive clinical care, I am dedicated to creating healing spaces for people of color and other underserved communities.
Areas of Expertise and Interest:
• Depression/Mood disorders
• Expatriates/Global Mental Health/International Psychology
• Migration/Acculturation stress
• Racial stress
• Haitian Mental Health
Clinical Experience and Education:
• Training and Quality Improvement Psychologist, Zanmi
Lasante|Partners in Health (PIH), Haiti
• Certification in Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT), Global Mental
Health Institute, Columbia University
• Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Graduate Center of the City
University of New York (CUNY)
• Pre-doctoral Intern, Jewish Board for Family and Child Services
• Clinical Fellowship, Medgar Evers College Counseling Center
• M.A., Clinical Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia
*Accepting new clients residing in NY, NJ, and FL for telehealth practice only. Please contact to learn more about rates and payment options.